Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Adventure Game update

The game is still progressing, and has taken almost final shape. I spent a few hours today creating a scene switching system that works pretty much as intended. Was a good little exercise in resource management, and while I'm sure it could be better, it works just fine. I was chasing a bug for a good portion of the time, but it ended up being an accidental copy/paste, so all is well in the world.

I have also completed all but one of the backgrounds for the game. These still have to be cut up, animated, and given some spit-and-polish, but the art itself, and the layouts, are final.

Some areas that I have yet to traverse are audio, music, and, interestingly, longevity. I'd like to think I can expand on this story/world that I am creating, but that will depend entirely on the reception. With that in mind, I am really looking forward to finishing Part 1, and getting the feedback from all you people!

A small, playable teaser of the game is available HERE. It's not polished yet, but it gives an idea of the style I am aiming for. ALSO - none of the art is encrypted, so you can easily smash it around and ruin the thing.

Thanks for reading,
Zac

No comments:

Post a Comment