Monday, May 10, 2010

Islands in the sky

After some talks with Kylie, I offered to give a little more design direction to Islands. It seems to me that the concept has stagnated a little as the project evolved. A few things I discussed with Henrik and Kylie will be forwarded to the Islands crew to see what they think. I like to think the project can be really successful and make some nice waves, it just needs someone to grab it by the horns and push it in a definite direction.With that in mind, I created a few concepts for the islands they want in the game. Kai did some great concepts a few weeks back, and I looked at them for inspiration. What I have come up with fits in nicely with what I think the game needs. Since this is a flying game, and you can soar upwards as much as you like - why limit the worlds vertically? The tower and snow islands are close to finished, and I have yet to start the others. Basically, the character is tiny compared to the islands, giving you more room to exlore.

Have some image -

One thing I would love to see is a more stylised approach to the models and textures. Influence from WoW is obvious, and not a bad thing at all.

Thanks for viewing,
Zac

No comments:

Post a Comment